Quesadillas have been around a long time. They’re simply veggie-stuffed-flatbreads that are toasted either in the oven or in a pan.
Some quesadillas are even filled with beef/pepperoni based on individual preference.
Now imagine filling your quesadillas with pizza toppings. How insane (and delicious) would that be?!
A traditional pizza takes about 10-20 minutes to cook in the oven, depending on your oven temperature. But this quesadilla can be made in much less time! (Perfect for when those littles are pulling on your pant leg demanding to know when lunch will be ready).
All you need are some regular store brought tortillas, some marinara sauce/tomato ketchup, any sautéed veggies of your choice, and cheese…lots and lots of cheese.
Now, sauteing the veggies is an important part of this process because the use of fresh veggies can cause the veggies to release excess moisture during the cooking process which can make the quesadillas soggy and tasteless, so be aware of this.
I typically love using mushroom with this recipe since mushrooms go so well with cheese.
You can choose to sauté the mushrooms in some garlic butter so as to give it an additional flavour.
Albeit, I’m sure you’ve already got your mouth watering listening to the details. So, what are we waiting for? Let’s get into it!
Family Approved Veggie Pizza Quesadilla Recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Servings: 4 quesadillas
- 4 tortillas
- ¼ cup marinara sauce (can be substituted with tomato ketchup)
- ½ cup mozzarella + ½ cup gouda
- As required mushrooms, sautéed
- 2 tbsp butter
- Heat each quesadilla for a minute and then lay them on a plate.
- Apply marinara sauce on one half of the tortilla.
- Top it with the sautéed mushrooms spread around.
- Top with some cheese and fold the tortilla over itself.
- Now heat a pan and cook each side with butter for about 1-2 minutes on high heat until golden brown.
- Or you can also heat it in the oven for 2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Top it with some oregano and your pizza quesadilla is ready!
Check out other similar recipes, or easy recipes for the whole family to love!